20 August 2009

who's using who

i read something this morning that struck me ...
"life is about letting God use you for his purposes, not your using Him for your own purpose"

i am a big channel flipper, and i have found many programs, religious and otherwise, where God is seen as a genie in a bottle or a kind of magic wand. it's all about what HE can do for us, what we deserve, what we are entitled to--how to wave the wand just right to get that relationship, that new job, that fancy car. rarely do you see people asking "what does God need me to do for Him?" who can i feed, who needs a shoulder to cry on, what can i do for YOU God

"For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." Matt. 16:25 NET

1 comment:

  1. I loved your comment about God's purposes. I'm looking forward to checking out your new project!

    ReplyDelete